Saturday, September 1, 2007

Prompt Prompting!

Uh to my momma...as of this moment I do not plan to go with Dr. Jones with the whole river cleaning. But he hasn't really sent his email out about that, so depending on when it is, and if it costs any money...who knows. But something cool I hope to go on, but I have to talk to Mrs. Dey about it, she asked if anybody in ASL 201 would like to volunteer at this camp, it's for Deaf-Blind people. somewhere near Lake Norman I think she said...but anyway, the room and board would be taken care of, the only issue would transportation. and plus it would count as Deaf culture hours! yippee! Sept 7-9th I think, 2 nights and 3 days. Kinda like KBCD I guess.
My sign language classes...ahh they are not to bad. Bob signs really fast, and it disapoints me, I have almost nodded off twice in his class thus far. I think it's always cause his class is my last one on MWF. Dr. High's class, wow I never had to think about interpreting so much. Frankly, I really don't care much for the class. It's not that it's boring, I just don't feel compelled to be an interpreter. So taking a class on the theory's of interpreting does not really excite me that much. It's okay though...I really like Art class. Right now we are just going over Reprenstational, and Non-reprenstational, abstract, just stuff so we can tell what the piece is...lines, color, styles. We haven't gotten to the history part yet. But I know it will be coming.
Well anyway, that's all I can think of for now. Talk to yall later!
Joni

1 comment:

Miamian said...

Anna's mom, Stephanie will be there I think, too. She talked about it in the ITP workshop I was in at in Alabama. Several persons from their church are involved.