Thursday, February 7, 2008

Woo-Hoo!

So...I am very excited, my brother should be coming to visit me in about a week, the same time as my 19th birthday!

In other news, I have moved to a new dorm, unfortunately my roommate and I had a different sense of humor. So now I live in the dorm called Decker and plus the room I moved into was empty, so I don't have a roommate now! I can be sociable, but sometimes I just like being alone. I don't think it's bad, it's just me.

Because Decker rooms are a lot smaller, I bunked the two beds to give myself more space. The interesting thing was...when I first moved in, my friends and I could not find any of the metal rods that you are supposed to use when bunking the beds together, so what did my friend Marcus do...he took a pencil and broke it in 2, and used those piece to put the bed together. It stayed that way for about a week. Until I told my friend Ezelis about it, Ezelis is a RA and she is a CODA, she put in a order for the physical plant people to come and fix it. So Tuesday afternoon, I go to my room and find three guys working on my bed. I don't know if they could not get the pencil's remains out or what, but there was some drilling that went on in there, I was chilling in my friend's room across the hall. Wednesday the power went out in the whole town of Boiling Springs for almost a hour. So obviously they did not come back until today, but now my bed is back together again, and much safer to boot! :-)

Tonight I went to this bible study we have in my hall, they have in the room that is next door to me, so I don't have very far to walk. we talked about Leah and Rachel, and discuss about how sometimes us women get a bit to wrapped up in our desire to be loved that we are almost willing to do anything to get it. Jacob loved Rachel more than Leah, so Leah had a bunch of baby boys for Jacob in attempts to win his love, Rachel got jealous so gave Jacob her slave, then Leah followed suit and gave him her slave as well...it just kept going back and forth. Our bible study leader Stephanie just said, that as young women we need to remember that not only romantic love, but even friendships with other girls will not always last, only our relationship with God will last through all our years...nice stuff I thought.

well hope you got something interesting out of this post. talk to yall later!
Joannis

No comments: