Monday, January 14, 2008

Spring '08

Well I figured I should say something about how school has been thus far, which altogether it ain't to bad. Composition I think will be a doozy. And the teacher for Health...she seems entirely to happy. My brother might think I am bubbly around him, but this woman I am sure is 10 times worse. I don't know if she drank to many energy drinks or what...
ASL 202 so far has been giving me a sense of deja vu. Because I remember Dr. High teaching these exact same lessons when I visited Gardner-Webb back in high school. We pretty much try to describe everything with only classifiers. For those who don't know: classifiers are particular hand shapes used to describe any object, which can also be mixed with facial expressions for clarity.
My stats teacher seems nice enough, and so far I am understanding everything. However we are only going over definitions, we have not gotten to the numbers just yet. I am thinking I will be fine, just got to make sure to ask for help when I am confused.

In other news, we have a new Deaf student this semester. His name is Michael and if I understood correctly he is going deaf and blind. The cause is some muscle disorder. The interesting thing about Michael is he only uses finger spelling and typing on his laptop to communicate. He does speak, but it is not always very clear. Just from talking him during dinner, I think my finger spelling improved a little bit.

So that's just a little bit that has happened to me recently. Tonight are the auditions for Gloria Dei, this semester's theatrical production. Which hopefully means I will be getting to help with costumes soon.

Talk to y'all later!
Joannis

No comments: