Saturday, December 15, 2007

Home!

I am back in the wonderful state of Kentucky! What more can I say...I am happy. And I am glad I am back in a place where everybody understands that not the whole state of KY likes UK, some of us do like UofL.
When Gardner-Webb beat UK in basketball, people at school kept joking on me. I try to explain, Louisville people for the most part don't like KY. Actually one of my high school friends messaged me saying thank you for going to Gardner-Webb. Only because they beat UK.
The best way to explain this to North Carolina kids is..."it's just like Duke and UNC, they are in the same state, but not everybody supports just one of them. Some support Duke, others support UNC." after I said that most of those kids got it. But it's kinda sad...a few of the kids I've meet have never left that state, some not even getting very far from the county my college is in; that county, well it's biggest town is Shelby, which is 15-20 minutes away from Gardner-Webb, and it has a population of about 5,000...I think. Might have been smaller. I'll have to double check that for y'all.
But again, I am very happy to be back in the 'Ville, and I don't know if I will post anything while I am here...we shall see.

Joannis

P.S. If I don't get the chance...
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Miamian said...

Welcome home! and don't worry there is not an orange thinking chair waiting for you under the Christmas tree.

Stephen Newell said...

Welcome back to your old Kentucky home!