Monday, August 4, 2008

A most eventful day...

well out of all the events that has happen to me this summer I felt the need to post about this one the most. Today, at work (yes the lovely Waffle House) my wallet got stolen. Inside was my 2 debit cards, SS #, state ID, insurance card, my GWU ID, and about 2 dollars and some change.

I found out about it pretty quickly. The interesting way is how...a deaf lady came into the Waffle House trying to sell key chains for cancer, they cost about $2; well I had just served my first customers and had not gotten any tip money yet. So I went to the back to go look in my purse to get some money. Well when I walked to the back I saw that my purse was unzipped, that was the first hint of trouble tome. When I looked inside I could not find it...then I knew. it was stolen. I immediately freaked out and almost started to cry. Called my mum and tried to call one of the banks to turn off the card. Got that taken care of...but eventually the other bank called my house to verify some purchases that had occurred with my card. my mom gave them my work number and I was able to talk to them.
Whoever stole the wallet stopped by a pawn shop, McDonald's, a nail place, and they tried to pay off a T-Mobile phone bill. The last 2 from my understanding got declined.

What I feel about the whole issue...I'm not sure anymore. I'm just glad they won't get any of my money that was set aside for college. I don't think I could handle that, it almost being comparable to losing my sight or hands.

I'm sure God will take of it. And for this I am thankful.
Hope your days are better then mine,
Joannis :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Llama told me to tell you VP is working. O_o

Anonymous said...

Partial power restored as of 9-15-08.
Love, Jonathan.