Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Formal 08

So last night was Spring Formal here at Gardner-Webb University. It's kind of like a high school prom. The dance was a lot bigger than my high school prom. But I had a good time. It started at 9:00pm and was finished at 1:00am. My friends and I left about 12:30. We went back to our dorm and watched a movie in the lobby. Sweeney Todd, it's a musical with Johnny Depp as the leading man. It's supposed to be a scary movie...but the blood did not look very realistic and plus it's a musical so that to me took a lot of the scariness from it. I'll see if I can get some pictures that my friends took off of Facebook and stick them over here for y'all to see.

Also Friday night was the "strike" for the theater stage set. We did two, one act plays by Ionesco. They were very odd, absurd I think they are considered. The names of them were "The Bald Soprano" and "The Lesson." The strike, or basically the taking down of the set started at 8:30 and we worked until 10:00pm. Afterwards, we went over to the clubhouse and had a cast and crew party. It was pretty fun. Got back to my dorm around 12:00 Friday night. So this weekend has been a blast.

Just want to send my congratulations to Stephen and my momma on their birthdays! Happy Birthday! :-)
Jo

No comments: