Thursday, April 10, 2008

Howdy!

So it's been about two months since I've last put something up here...I think it's cause I have a few problems.
1. I don't particularly enjoy writing.
2. My English professor seems to think that I don't do enough writing in my life, so there is always a paper of some sort to write for her.
3. (Not that good of an excuse, but still...) I find myself busy, most of the time too busy to write/type anything down.

But I have decided to post something so y'all can at least know I am still alive. In Boiling Springs news, about a week and a half ago the fire alarm went off in my dorm, Decker. I thought someone over cooked something in the kitchen. But a week after the fact, on the front page of our school newspaper, a gas main had been broken. There was some construction going on near my dorm, and apparently they discovered a tiny gas pipe that they did not know was there.
I think this is the biggest event that has happened all year, well earlier this semester the whole town lost power. I was like 10 minutes away from my classes being canceled. But they got the lights back on in time.

Also in Gardner-Webb news...Dimensions was awesome Tuesday. I went in and sat down like always. Tracy Jessup (The University Chaplin/Pastor/Preacher) said announcements like normal, then he told us a story.
There was a northern man who came down to the south and ate at a dinner. He ordered some Ham and Eggs. When he got the plate, there was grits on it too. He asked the waitress, "What is that?" She said, "Dem 'Thar grits." He said, "I didn't order grits." She said, "Grits just come wit' it."
Then Jessup said, like those grits...grace comes to you. The speaker they had planned did not watch his schedule closely, and was speaking at another college. So Jessup dismissed us. We sat there maybe...10 minutes. It was great. Usually we have to sit there listening to someone talk on and on...sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not so good. Last semester, there was a guy who said "Do Hugs Not Drugs!" Kinda cheesy to me.

Well hope everybody is good back home in Ky!
Miss y'all greatly,
Joannis

No comments: